Pages

My blog

This will just be a blog about me. About my life, my issues, as much as I feel like telling. I'm going to try to be honest with this blog, and not hold anything back. If you don't like what you hear, you don't have to stay, I don't want to offend anyone. This isn't going to be a depressing blog most of the time, but there will be times I'll have to vent. I hope you can enjoy this insight into me and my life.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

In honor of Kairi.

Hello readers...is it odd to feel so normal after a twisted year? Or how about, a twisted day?

Earlier today, June 30th, 2011, we put our wonderful, 3 year old German Shepherd down...her name was Kairi, and she was the most epic dog on the planet. She was so sweet...so adorable...hilarious... *sigh* I'm going to miss her. We were not expecting to put her down today, or at all, but the vet told us she had bone cancer, when we thought it was something much less deadly...she was so young. Mom was going absolutely nuts with crying...even David needed a tissue. I stayed with mom when they gave her the shot and the vet told us "she's gone". Should I have a problem with the fact I didn't cry? That I feel more grateful that we had her at all, instead of sad that she's gone? I don't feel sad, I'm not questioning or yelling at God, I feel...fine. Why is that, readers?

On a happier note, I got my driver's license. I can now drive by myself...so if you see my car, run. I might be driving somewhere later today. It's a bit scary, having that responsibility, but also kind of nice. The test was...well, it was a snap. Besides the parking bit, which wasn't so much difficult as it was tricky. NOTE TO FUTURE DRIVERS: You need to learn a 3 point turn for the test, at least where I went.

I wrote a song, while in the shower a few nights ago. Yeah, I'm so amazing. >.> I've only had to make a few changes to the lyrics, and thus far I really like it. It's about making my own choices, even if people don't approve. Applicable to moi, no?

My Damon/Alaric fanfiction is coming along nicely. I have yet to get to any actual shmexy parts yet, but I'll get there. I'm trying to make Damon rather confused, which I think he would be in that situation, and probably going to make him a bit sappy later. For now though, he's trying to keep his cool.

Yesterday I had awesome Skype chats with Kathlene (one of the sweetest, most understanding friends ever), and Alex (who loves manga and anime, and plays Magic: the Gathering). They were simply fun to talk to, I had forgotten what it was like to have fun skyping without actually role-playing, it was refreshing.

Anyway, I feel...not normal, because I feel normal. My parents got divorced, we now live in two places, my mom has a new, nice but somewhat know-it-all boyfriend, my dad is still rather distant despite being OK with me being gay, our dog just died...and I feel fine...

Because I have amazing friends, I got my license, I wrote a good song, I have hot guys to watch on TV, I know that I can write even if I don't make a career out of it, I can be strong and confident for my family, and I have a God who loves me. And that sounded...inspirational, if I do say so myself.

Thank you readers, love you!

Inner Dragon...or maybe, just Andrew is good enough. : )

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think that just Andrew is good enough. :) *hug* Hang in there Andy.