Pages

My blog

This will just be a blog about me. About my life, my issues, as much as I feel like telling. I'm going to try to be honest with this blog, and not hold anything back. If you don't like what you hear, you don't have to stay, I don't want to offend anyone. This isn't going to be a depressing blog most of the time, but there will be times I'll have to vent. I hope you can enjoy this insight into me and my life.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Well...ahem...it's been a while. >.> About a year, if I'm correct. Last update was in...oh! May! We're fine, we're fine people! It hasn't been a year yet, no one panic, we can hold off on shutting the place down!

So...hi. <.< I'm in college now. >.> Yeah. <.< And it's pretty good so far. >.> Yeah. <.<

Don't kill me. >.>

So, I gave my two weeks notice in December, and I am no longer a dishwasher. If I may state so, I'm rather happy I'm not. It's not that I don't want to work. I do. But dishwasher is almost as low as you can possibly go on the job scale. I was loathe to leave all the people there though...they were fantastic, all of them. Well, most of them. <_< There were a few exceptions. >_>

But the waitresses...I loved them, they were so nice, and I loved making them laugh. Lacey, a blonde bundle of gorgeous sunshine, was pretty much inspirational. Molly was amazing, and had the best laugh. We would squee about hot guys all the time. ;P Elissa and I would gush about Vampire Diaries, always wondering what would happen next. Julia was just fun, not to mention sweet. Sabrina had sass, and there was an older waitress named Cristine that joined later, and she was really outspoken, but kind.

Some of the cooks were cute. I had a bit of a thing for this one guy who was old enough to be my dad, Joe. He was always really nice, and treated me with nothing but respect. He was also rather hot, which Lacey agreed with, so I'm not insane. Completely. Another cook, Alma, was just amazing. She was the dishwasher that trained me (she does both jobs), and her and Joe always made me food, sometimes without asking. She was generous and lovely. ^_^ Then there were the prep cooks...Tony and Neil. Tony was Elissa's boyfriend, so it was probably less than ideal that I got a sort of crush on him, but I was content to gaze (or gayze) from afar. When he'd sweep out the prep area he'd just wear a t-shirt, and I found him hotter than I thought I would have. He could be a bit of a jerk, and had some anger issues...I don't know why I found that so attractive. It was annoying. Neil was the type of guy who I'm sure has done drugs all his life, and probably been in a gang and done some bad stuff, but he was a really nice guy. He always called me "his little brony" He's the type of guy I could picture getting into a lot of trouble, but you can't help but get him out of it anyway because he just has that charming smile. Or at least, that's what I'd like to think. Plus, we share a profound bond: He once poked me in the butt with a broom handle.

Dishwashers...well, Chase quit and punched a hole in the wall after him and Lacey had a fight. >_> I liked the guy, I will admit, but I think he had some issues. He's now having a baby with another woman...I was not expecting that. John (or Jon, not sure) was the first black guy I had ever met, and became my new dish-washing partner. I liked him at first, but then he started to wear on me...he was a very fast worker, but that meant he didn't do some other things, and a lot of the dishes came back out dirty. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I was unhappy with that. His "nephew", Frank, on the other hand, was a pleasure to work with. He was a lot like me, except taller. He complained a lot, but he also worked pretty well and thoroughly, so I liked him. He had a couple issues, but otherwise seemed like a good worker and a good guy.

I hope you readers know I'm posting this because I want to remember at a later date, and stroll down memory lane with a Circle K drink in hand and a wiener dog on a leash.

Managers...the head manager, Greg, didn't allow us to play music, and we all were walking on eggshells around him. I had a feeling most people weren't fans of him, and I agreed. Ken was a bit more laid-back, but didn't let us be lazy either. He'd occasionally help us with side-work if we were behind, and I liked him. Heather...she was my favorite manager. I don't know if she reminded me of my mom, or if it was just her great work ethic, but I really liked her. She scared me a bit sometimes, but she didn't just yell at you if you were doing something wrong, she did something about it. She could cuss like a sailor, but had a very sweet voice to do it in. ;P Elena was both a manager and waitress. She was beautiful, and very nice about me being late if we had a busy night. She knew that if I wanted to do everything right I needed a bit of extra time, and I respected her a lot for that.

Altogether, my experience at the Diner was a positive one. The people they have working there are the best part of that place. They're polite and cheery, and very friendly. I'm going to try and go there more often, if I can.

Listening to "Better Dig Two" by The Band Perry for the first time...it's good. <.< Not sure if I'd ever be THAT obsessed with a guy, though I guess I can hope for that. ;P

So I'm in college no-..."Hall Of Fame" is on now, by the Script and will.i.am...OK, I'm going to end it here then. <.< I'm tired, and I think I'm done blogging for the night. >.>

Don't hate me!

Or if you do, throw pudding!

Roo-ster


No comments: